Warning: Use of undefined constant max_events - assumed 'max_events' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kimber6/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/wplistcal/wplistcal.php on line 506
Warning: Declaration of C_DataMapper_Driver_Base::define($object_name, $context = false) should be compatible with C_Component::define($context = false) in /home/kimber6/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/datamapper/class.datamapper_driver_base.php on line 741
July 4th has always served as my unofficial start to summer, and this year, it truly did take ‘til then for the weather to finally heat up, the farmers’ markets to finally bloom and my summer recipes to finally feel at home ‘round my table. Just back from a much needed retreat in the Buff that started with my first ever 22 mile bike ride for charity, and ended with an Independence Day BBQ at Aunt Susie’s, I find myself easing back into the familiar habits of summer in the city…walking slower, showering colder, eating lighter, and doing it all with a cucumber margarita in hand.
While I was waiting around for summer to start, I spent the past two months heating things up in both The Dinner Belle kitchen and in my cyber cucina here at www.kimberlybelle.com. I’ve launched lots of new features on my blog in an effort to make your experience more user-friendly and engaging. Here is just a taste of what you have to look forward to:
- Be sure to check out my newly launched Kimberly Belle: Food Maven Facebook Fan Page for even more up-to-the-minute pics and tips. All new fans are automatically offered a free download of all four seasons of my Season-a-Belle recipe eBooks just for liking me online…and I like to be liked!
- Need an inspired restaurant recommendation? Watch my video restaurant reviews or visit my Yelp Profile for the lowdown on where I’m eating, which local eateries and menu items you must try, and which you must honestly avoid. People are always asking me where to eat, and now I finally have a forum to share my suggestions.
- My Crush-a-Belle column is back, and I’ve been busily reading and reviewing my favorite cookbooks, cooking shows and foodie iPhone apps to keep us all on the cutting edge of what media trends are truly worth digging into.
- I’m honored to unveil my Maven of the Month collaborations; these interviews reveal some of my fave food and lifestyle gurus, as they give you (and me) advice on recipes for love, libations and Eating it Up in their home and professional kitchens. Introducing you to the people who inspire me is as good as it gets!
- Of course, you can still find me on Facebook and Twitter for real-time updates from the front lines of my life, and I’ve made a promise to us both, to update my status more often, tweet more religiously and post pics (even the embarrassing ones) more frequently.
So whether you are on Fire Island, in Rego Park, or relaxing on the beaches of Bora Bora this summer, it’s easier than ever to stay connected with me, my adventures, my Tribe and my recipes. I want to share it all with you, and I’d love to hear your ideas, experiences, adventures, and suggestions. Please feel free to write me directly or post comments below to share with my readers, and thank you humbly for all of your continued support. Eat it Up!